Teaching b vs d doesn't have to be hard.
Your child only needs to know two things.
1. What direction you read in. Left to right.
2. That b comes first and d comes next when saying the alphabet.
Have your child hold up their hands as shown below.
The hands look like the letters b and d.
Imagine you are reading. You know you always start on the left.
Say the abc's:
a, b (left hand), c, d (right hand)...
There are many other methods for teaching b vs d but, I think this method is great because:
- It teaches left and right.
- It teaches how to read in the correct direction.
- It teaches before and after and first and last.
**ALL THINGS HOMESCHOOL PRESCHOOL**
Check out my preschool curriculum! This is where you get all of my unit studies, activities, and tips!
Check out my website for blogs and freebies!
All of the products on this page are products my kids and I use and love or products I personally recommend!
All of the opinions expressed here are my own. With that said, this page contains affiliate links that, at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission.