Do you have a mad scientist at home? If so, this ghost science experiment will be a hit! All you need is a balloon, an empty bottle, some baking soda, and some vinegar, and you'll be able to watch a ghost grow right before your eyes.
What You'll Need
- 1 white balloon
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 water bottle
- 1 funnel
- 1 marker
1. Begin by drawing a ghost face on your balloon with the marker.
2. Next, put 1/4 cup of baking soda into the balloon.
3. Put the vinegar in the water bottle.
4. Carefully place the open end of the balloon onto the water bottle mouthpiece so that none of the baking soda gets in the bottle.
5. When you're ready to see your ghost grow, slowly lift the baking soda-filled balloon so that the baking soda can fall into the vinegar.
6. Sit back and enjoy as your ghost grows right before your eyes! Congratulations, you've just completed your very own ghost science experiment!
This activity is one of the activities from my Halloween Unit Study.
**ALL THINGS HOMESCHOOL PRESCHOOL**
Check out my preschool curriculum! This is where you get all of my unit studies, activities, and tips!
Check out my website for blogs and freebies!
All of the products on this page are products my kids and I use and love or products I personally recommend!
All of the opinions expressed here are my own. With that said, this page contains affiliate links that, at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission.