Spray It! is not just a fun outdoor activity for preschoolers, but it’s also a sneaky way to get them interested in learning the ABCs and more. Armed with only chalk and a spray bottle, this game turns any pavement into a canvas for edu-spraying!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Start by writing letters — you can include both upper and lowercase letters if your kiddo is ready to tackle that challenge.
- Maybe today is 'A' day. Mix in the letter 'A' with a variety of other letters and see how many 'A's your preschooler can find.
- Try having your child spray the letters in alphabetical order.
- Write your child's name several times, intentionally misspelling a few versions. When they find the correctly spelled name, have them spray it away.
- Write a variety of letters on the floor, making sure to include all of the letters from your child's name. Have your child spray the letters of their name in the correct order. Make sure they spray a capital letter for the first letter of their name.
- Start by writing numbers randomly on the floor. Have your child say the numbers as they spray them or spray the letters that you call out.
- Maybe today is the number '5' day. Mix in the number '5' with a variety of other numbers and see how many '5's your preschooler can find.
- Try having your child spray the number in ascending order.
- Draw a variety of shapes and ask your preschooler to spray them as you say them or ask your preschooler to say the names as they spray them.
- Have your child find all of one sight word at a time.
- Have your child say the sight words as they spray them.
- Have your child spay the sight words you say.
The benefits of this activity.
Engaging in educational games at an early age can enhance cognitive development, problem-solving skills, and social interaction. Add some fresh air and fun, and you have a winning combination.
Beyond the educational benefits, Spray It! also encourages the development of fine motor skills as they squeeze the spray bottle, boost their hand-eye coordination, and provide a sense of accomplishment as their learning takes on a whole new dimension.
Now, grab your gear and go turn the alphabet into a water masterpiece!
This is one of the activities from my activity book: Pre-K The Fun Way.
The book contains many fun and engaging activities that help your child learn while having fun.
**ALL THINGS HOMESCHOOL PRESCHOOL**
Check out my preschool curriculum! This is where you get all of my unit studies, activities, and tips!
Check out my website for blogs and freebies!
All of the products on this page are products my kids and I use and love or products I personally recommend!
All of the opinions expressed here are my own. With that said, this page contains affiliate links that, at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission.